"The time is ripe for new methods of surveying!" The Luftprofile team presents itself as your professional service provider for individual surveying challenges. With our surveying drones we collect basic geo-referenced (photogrammetric) data from exact maps, high definition orthophotos and 3-D landscape models as well as versions of the processed data in the common CAD formats. More survey results from a relatively low outlay – that’s the remarkable feature of our drone system! The advantage of a flight with a surveyor drone:
- the areas in which you would like to gather data, which are difficult to access
- the measurements are to be taken in dangerous areas like on streets and train tracks
- no restriction or blocking of traffic routes
Our team is professionally trained in the photogrammetric UAV-surveying flights and in evaluating the processing software (Agisoft) results. After the flight and the subsequent processing / evaluation of the data we can deliver the following products to you:
- High definition photos of areas and buildings or streets
- Geo-referenced aerial photos / orthophotos
- 3-D area models / interfaces for GIS (Geo Information Systems)- and CAD-applications
Areas of Application
For which surveying applications is it appropriate to deploy drones? Our surveying drones can be deployed for a range of surveying tasks. We conduct survey flights for clients with the following main mandates:
- For building authorities and cadastral offices / land registry offices for the production of street cadastral maps and for surveying new construction locations.
- For dyke-, waterway and coastal protection. In the context of measuring of dyke/ dam systems and in the detection and in planning layout procedures.
- For the protection of nature reserves and in city planning / road & street construction. Surveying of hillsides / sliding slopes in access restricted areas or in other sensitive areas.
- Support in the merging of sewers and sluices.
- Calculation of earth masses in mining or depositing for gravel works or landfill.
- Visualizing of movement profiles by way of time loop flights, e.g. along sliding slopes.
In a consultancy meeting we agree with the clients on a catalogue of options or gauge their needs by means of a questionnaire. What does the client understand by the term „highly valuable geo-information“, and how are these characterised in reference to the contract? How is the basic quality described? Thus, clients needs, are fully taken into consideration. Limiting factors are also taken into consideration, such as: legal matters, weather conditions and vegetation, as well as local accessibility. We thoughtfully consider the value chain from a benefits point of view and prepare the planning of the contract from there. Before the flight is conducted, a review of the area /site is made, either on location or using Google-Earth. After that we acquire the necessary permissions for the flight. Subsequently we compile the plan of flight route points and the border measurements of the GCPs (ground control points) using RTK (real time kinematics), L1 & L2; as well as data correction service)
Besides recording photos during the flight our survey drones also simultaneously record sensor data such as position and elevation information. In the post-processing the pictorial data is combined with the logged geodata and with the previously installed and measured GCPs (Ground-Control-Points) to give a geo-referenced digital orthophoto. In the post-processing, after the preparation of the geo-referenced aerial photography (overlap 80/60) with the aid of computer supported photogrammetric evaluation algorithms, the evaluation is prepared and a 3-dimensional site model is compiled. The data resulting from the 3-D model serves as a basis for the provision of CAD-File information (DWG or DXF). Both orthophotos and DEM (digital elevation model) can be exported as TIFF-files into GIS-Systems (Geoinformation Systems). Beyond that the DEM (digital elevation model) permits the import as a dot matrix file. This means you receive professional competence from the one source. Contract management, professional execution of flight, post-processing and presentation of data, depending on the data volume, either from us, in-house, or from our networking partners. Validation of the results is done by professional cooperation partners.